Basil pesto can be used as a spread on bread,pita,wrap or in a pasta for a quick snack,easy lunch/dinner will be ready in minutes. I have used green chilies to give this recipe a spicy flavor.Basil if unavailable can be easily substituted with any other herb like mint,parsley,cilantro/coriander.
Time for preparation: 25 Mins
Serves 2 people
Basil Pesto Ingredients:
2 cup Basil leaves
1/2 Red onion
1/2 cup Cashews or Pine nuts or Walnuts
4 Green chilies (optional/to taste)
2 Garlic pods
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Salt and Black pepper to taste
Procedure – Pesto:
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and give it a pulse to make a coarse paste.Season it with salt and pepper.
Procedure – Brown Rice Pasta :
- Add a pinch of salt and a tsp of oil to a pot of water, and bring to boil.
- Add brown rice pasta to boiling water, and cook for 10-15 mins or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Heat a pan with a teaspoons of olive oil and add cooked pasta with the basil pesto.
- Saute the pesto and pasta for couple of minutes and serve it hot.
- If you feel pasta is little drier please add few drops of water.