Adai Dosa Recipe(Indian lentil pancake) made with rice and lentils soaked in water for 4 to 6 hrs.Grind it i coarsely with green chilies,ginger, cumin seeds,salt and hing.
Time taken 20 mins
Ingredients for the Pancake/Dosa Batter
1/2 cup Brown rice
1/4 cup Quick rolled oats
1/4 cup Mixed lentils
1/4 cup Urad dal with skin
1 String of curry leaves
Small piece of ginger
4-5 Green chilies
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Pinch of hing/Asafoetida
Oil for pancake
Salt to taste
2 Shredded carrots
1 medium onion minced
1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- Soak Mixed Lentils and the Brown rice together for at least 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water. Combine together all the ingredients in a blender and grind to a smooth batter. Add little water if required. the batter should be of pour-able consistency.
- To make the Lentil Pancake, heat a Nonstick pan, and add a ladle of batter in the center and then spread in circles with the help of the back of the ladle as you would make dosa.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil.Add the little topping of shredded carrot,onion and cilantro. After a minute, flip the pancake and allow the other side to cook.
- Remove from the pan and serve the crispy Pancakes with a coconut curry leaf chutney or chutney of your choice.