I usually microwave Edamame and season it with salt & pepper for an easy snack. Today I tried pulav / flavored rice with edamame. It is simple and quick meal to prepare without compromising on flavour. It is also filling, healthy and nutritious.
Edamame if unavailable can easily be substituted with fresh/frozen green peas.
Time: 20 Minutes
Makes 4-5 servings
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Organic Frozen Edamame (thaw and microwave for a minute)
1 cup Pudina/Mint leaves finely chopped
1/2 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
2 Medium Onions
2 Green chilies(optional)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 and 1/2 Ginger-Garlic paste (Grind 2 garlic cloves and a small bit ginger with 3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 red chili)
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and cook brown rice with bay leaf and salt. Then set aside.
- Heat a tbsp of oil with cumin seeds allow them to splutter.
- Add finely sliced onions and saute till it loses colour, add ginger- garlic paste and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add slit green chilies, edamame , mint ,coriander/cilantro saute for a while.
- Then add the cooked brown rice and mix thoroughly.Serve it with Mint raita.