It is usually made with cooked rice&curd(plain yogurt) a very popular dish in India.For today’s lunch i prepared a very light meal curd Quinoa very healthy ,delicious and yet flavorful.
Cook Time for Quinoa:15 Mins
Preparation time:5 Mins
1 cup Cooked Quinoa(I am using Organic truRoots pre washed quinoa and cook according to the directions).
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup shredded cucumber
2 finely chopped green chilies
2 tbsp of water
2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
2 tbsp shredded ginger
salt to taste
1/2 tsp Urad dal
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
pinch of Hing
1/2 tsp oil
- In a bowl add yogurt and whisk until it is smooth.
- Then add cooked Quinoa,shredded cucumber,green chilies,chopped cilantro,ginger and salt.
- Mix everything and add few drops of water if it is thick.
- On a medium flame heat a pan with oil and add all the seasoning ingredients roast until they are golden brown and add to the Quinoa curd mixture.
- Serve it hot with a mango pickle or eat as is.